ReStore Manager (Full-Time)
MISSION: Generate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives in support of Habitat for Humanity Prince William County operations through the acquisition, management, and marketing of ReStore products. Create positive visibility and be the face of the Habitat ReStore in the local community, presenting the mission and scope of Habitat for Humanity International and its Affiliates.
POSITION SUMMARY: Achieve revenue goals through excellent customer and donor services. Maintain and foster donor relationships. Provide consistent, safe and positive development of associates and assets. Maintain a high quality donor-to-customer experience.
- Drive donations, sales and profits of the ReStore to further the local affiliate mission.
- Demonstrate and train staff in outstanding service to customers, donors, volunteers and others.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including individuals, businesses, community and church groups to increase quality and quantity of merchandise donations.
- Understand and communicate to all associate positions the Key Performance Metrics for all ReStore operations and how they relate/contribute to positive customer experience and high quality operations.
- Ensure ReStore is adequately staffed and operated by associates with knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ensure all personnel understand and can effectively communicate the Habitat ReStore and Habitat for Humanity mission to members of the public.
- Effectively manage Habitat ReStore assets to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, customers and others, ensuring that licenses and other required information are maintained properly for government bodies and others as appropriate.
- Responsible for oversight of sales floor, facility, equipment and fleet vehicle maintenance and repairs.
Staff & Volunteer Management
- Hire, train and manage ReStore associates in accordance with relevant personnel and safety policies and take steps to ensure staff is well versed so that all policies and practices are understood and followed.
- Evaluate, recognize and reward staff performance. Address violations of policy including safety, poor job performance or misconduct in a timely and appropriate manner. Properly document incidents and develop corrective actions. Resolve situations involving volunteers in consultation with the volunteer coordinator and the Operations Director when required.
Finance and Administration
- Implement and monitor systems for daily cash transactions and deposits.
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses as required or requested.
- Approve employee recording of time worked.
- Approve and ensure accurate coding and submit payable invoices on a timely basis. Communicate questionable invoices to Operations Director and ensure expenditures are held within acceptable limits.
- Work in conjunction with the President/CEO and Operations Director to develop annual operating budgets and recommend capital expenditures.
Reporting and Communications
- Provide reports of designated activities including but not limited to: sales, expenses, outreach activities and other areas of interest to the Operations Director and President/CEO. Prepare reports for the Board of Directors as requested.
- Habitat information, work and safety practices shall be communicated and reinforced with ReStore Associates, volunteers and others who will be in the facility and on the property.
- Keep Operations Director informed of operational and financial matters orally and or in writing with timely frequency and consistency.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years responsible leadership, directing successful teams and being accountable for meeting specified objectives.
- Solid interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- The ability and willingness to call on existing and potential donors to increase merchandise in the store.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing associates in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to safely lift and position up to 50 lbs. Job could entail occasional bending, kneeling and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions. Bulk of time will be spent standing and walking.
- Ethical leadership demonstrating consistent high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Excellent leadership skills including: Associate selection, training, coaching and developing.
- Team building though positive and effective communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Innovation based on sound business acumen and consideration of a range of risk and reward factors.
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- Adaptability through quick, sound and positive decision making in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- A relationship builder for cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
- Personal presence projecting a professional image in speech and demeanor in interactions with others in multiple venues and scenarios.
Special Requirements/Salary/Work Schedule/Work Environment:
- Attendance at occasional evening and weekend meetings, events and activities is required
- May require work on Saturdays or Sundays
- A good driving record and possession of a valid Virginia Driver’s License is mandatory
- Work is performed in a normal retail store, office or warehouse environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures or dirt and dust. Work does require local travel and interface with the public.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Company sponsored 401K and FSA
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
Provide a resume, cover letter and completed application by mail to:
Habitat ReStore, Attn: Hiring
P.O. Box 3111, Manassas, VA 20108
Or, by e-mail to:
No phone calls please.
Habitat for Humanity Prince William County is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.