Habitat ReStore Associate – Woodbridge (Part-Time)
Are you looking for a meaningful and fast-paced part-time opportunity? Habitat for Humanity is hiring part-time associates to help at the Habitat ReStore. This position is perfect for a student, recent retiree or someone who wishes to work a few days a week.
Mission: Generate revenue to support Habitat for Humanity Prince William County’s programs while providing superior customer service and a positive experience to customers, donors and volunteers.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for a variety of duties including pricing and displaying merchandise, maintaining a safe and clean environment, loading and unloading donations and purchases, and maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer, and shopper experience in the Habitat ReStore.
- Act as an ambassador of the ReStore while interacting with donors, shoppers and volunteers.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of the store.
- Assist with donation screening and drop-offs.
- Maintain safety within the store and outside area and ReStore equipment.
- Provide customer service to customers, volunteers and fellow employees.
- Assist with daily loading and unloading of purchased and donated items.
- Help with processing, organizing and merchandising of donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must understand and appreciate the mission of Habitat for Humanity. Qualified candidates must possess strong problem-solving skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, and the ability to multi-task. This individual must be detail-oriented and able to work independently. The candidate must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, and understand basic business arithmetic including percentages and decimals. A knowledge of or ability to learn computer applications related to the work, including point-of-sale software is required. The candidate must communicate clearly, tactfully, courteously and professionally with customers, donors, volunteers, staff members and the general public. An ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals is needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Two to four years of progressively responsible, related experience; or,
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Material and Equipment Used
- Pallet jack or forklift, hand tools
Special Requirements/Work Schedule/Physical Demands
- Attendance at some evening or weekend meetings, events and activities is required.
- May require work on Saturdays or Sundays.
- A good driving record and possession of a valid Virginia Driver’s License is mandatory.
- Required to lift or move up to 100 pounds on a regular basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a retail/office/warehouse environment with moderate exposure to dirt, dust and temperature changes. Work does require local travel and interface with the public. Working conditions are moderately quiet.
Send a completed application by mail:
Habitat ReStore, Attn: Hiring
P.O. Box 3111, Manassas, VA 20108
Or, by e-mail to:
Download an application and print it here. No phone calls please.
Habitat for Humanity Prince William County is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.