On Thursday, April 3, volunteers Al Ferguson andTarek Kalash helped the construction crew with some weather-delayed wrap-up work at Marie Houston’s Dale City home and the Golmon’s Manassas Home.
On Saturday, April 5, volunteers Mike Gallagher and David Gross helped the construction crew wrap up some weather-delayed repairs at the Dumfries home of Margie Martin.
Thanks to all of our ReStore volunteers from April 1 – 7: Aziz Abeyire, George Braun, Austin Cooper, Chris Falcone, Peter Houtz, Isabel Isenberg, Mark Luiggi (pictured in truck), Maggy Machado, Don McCubbin (pictured right), CJ Oliver, Cherie Ventura, Nick Visgar, Demetrius Wade, Joseph Wage and Matthew Watkins.
Thanks to our office volunteers from April 1 – 7: Megan Beverage, Charla Chaudhry, Rebecca Custis, Jim Floyd, Kim Morris, Betty Reichert, Brian Rosenberg.
Interested in Volunteering?
At Habitat for Humanity we have volunteer opportunities for everyone. Volunteers can choose to volunteer as little or as often as they like. We invite individuals and groups to help us:
- Rehab and repair homes (construction)
- Assist in the office (answering phones, data entry, general clerical work, mailings, research and phone calls)
- Work in the ReStore (sales, product display, receiving donations, organizing merchandise, donation pickup, assisting customers, maintenance)
- Serve on a committee
- Help with special projects and events
Under 16 Years Old? You Can Help Too!
- Donate lunches to work sites (this is a great opportunity for young groups who are not old enough to volunteer on a work site, i.e. Girl Scouts/Boy Scouts, youth groups, civic clubs, etc.)
- Hang door hangers in neighborhoods to spread the word about Habitat’s programs.
Volunteering is Easy!
To register and to sign up for a volunteer date, please visit our Volunteer Calendar.
Questions? Please email email@example.com or call 703-369-6708.