Our Home Repair Applications Are Closed Until Further Notice!!
Through our Critical Home Repair program, critical systems that impact health and safety are repaired, replaced or built for families who could not otherwise afford to accomplish these tasks. Critical home repairs include the repair or replacement of major home systems including roofing, siding, windows, heating and air conditioning, plumbing or electrical systems, or providing accessibility accommodations such as wheelchair ramps.
Families who earn less than 60% of the area median income (or less than 80% of the area median income when a veteran lives in the home) are considered for the program. Critical Home Repair applicants are qualified through a comprehensive application process that evaluates their need for the service, their ability to repay a portion of the material costs, and their willingness to partner through volunteer labor (sweat equity).
Do you qualify for Critical Home Repair?
- Do you live in Prince William County, Manassas or Manassas Park?
- Do you own your home or are you currently making mortgage payments?
- Do you earn less than 60% of the area median income based on your family size? (See chart below)
- If applying for repairs for a veteran, do you earn less than 80% of the area median income based on your family size? (See chart below)
- Can you demonstrate a challenging circumstance such as disability, illness, age or limited income that prevents you from making the repairs?
2023 Income Guidelines