Home ownership and home repair opportunities will resume at a later date. Please check back here for updates.
Habitat for Humanity’s Weatherization program aims to reduce energy costs for low-income homeowners by improving the energy efficiency of the home. Cost savings in utility consumption is in line with Habitat’s mission of helping people achieve affordable homeownership.
During the weatherization process we perform an energy audit to determine the specific problems. Then weatherization procedures are performed, such as sealing drafty windows and doors, installing insulation, insulating or repairing pipes and air ducts and installing programmable thermostats. There may even be a need to repair or replace the heating and cooling systems or replace inefficient appliances.
During and after the weatherization process, we educate the family about energy savings habits such as where to set the thermostat, how to save water and other tips that will help them continue to keep their utility bills as low as possible.
Families who earn less than 60% of the area median income (or less than 80% of the area median income when a veteran lives in the home), show that they have a need for our service, have the ability to repay a portion of the material costs, and are willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity may qualify for the Weatherization program through an application process.
Do you qualify for Weatherization?
- Do you live in Prince William County, Manassas or Manassas Park?
- Do you own your home or are you currently making mortgage payments?
- Do you earn less than 60% of the area median income based on your family size? (See chart below)
- If applying for repairs for a veteran, do you earn less than 80% of the area median income based on your family size? (See chart below)
- Can you demonstrate a challenging circumstance such as disability, illness, age or limited income that prevents you from making the repairs?
2019 Income Guidelines
If you would like to apply for our Weatherization program, please fill out the Home Repair Interest Form. Once you have completed the interest form you will be mailed an application.
To register or for more information, call 703-369-6708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.