Volunteers Help us Build a Better Community
Habitat for Humanity Prince William County is a volunteer-driven organization. We welcome people from all walks of life to join us as we build, rehabilitate and repair decent, affordable houses in partnership with God and families in need. By working side-by-side with the family who lives (or will live) in the house, our volunteers experience for themselves the joy created when a family is able to realize their dream of affordable home ownership.
How You Can Help
When you shop, donate or volunteer at the ReStore, you are helping to build homes, community and hope for families in your community! At Habitat for Humanity, we have volunteer opportunities for everyone. Volunteers can choose to volunteer as little or as often as they like. To volunteer for construction or in the ReStore, individuals must be age 16 and over. We invite individuals and groups to help us:
- Rehab and repair homes (construction)
- Assist in the office (answering phones, data entry, general clerical work, mailings, research and phone calls)
- Work in the ReStore (sales, product display, receiving donations, organizing merchandise, donation pickup, assisting customers, maintenance)
- Serve on a committee
- Help with special projects and events
Under 16 Years Old? You Can Help Too!
- Donate lunches to work sites (this is a great opportunity for young groups who are not old enough to volunteer on a work site, i.e., Girl Scouts/Boy Scouts, youth groups, civic clubs, etc.)
Volunteering is Easy!
To register and to sign up for a volunteer date, please visit our Volunteer Calendar.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-369-6708.
Effective July 28, 2022
Please Note: If you are volunteering for pre-court or court ordered hours, you must pre-register with Ms. Francine Zoch, marketing and volunteer coordinator for Habitat for Humanity Prince William County and pay a $120 registration fee. The registration fee includes processing, background check, volunteer hours, and an official letter to present to the courts. Pre-court and court ordered volunteers MUST volunteer at the Habitat Manassas ReStore.
Habitat for Humanity Prince William County will not accept volunteers with the following charges:
- Larcenty/Petit Larceny
- Sexual Assault
- Sex Offender list (any state)
- Child Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Any forms of assault including breaking and entering resulting in harm upon another person
No letters to the court will be provided for community service unless a registration fee is paid by money order and no exceptions will be made! For more information, call 703-369-6145 ext. 102 or email Francine Zoch as email@example.com.
If you are new to volunteering with Habitat, please download the required adult volunteer waiver (or minor volunteer waiver; under age 18) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 703-393-2878, or mail to P.O. Box 3111, Manassas, VA 20110.